The School of the Earth, Ocean and Environment offers five graduate degrees. Current students can find graduate handbooks and forms through the MySEOE portal. Prospective students seeking information about potential advisors, research, and degree requirements can start here!
Our five graduate degrees are:
- Master of Earth and Environmental Resources Management (MEERM) & JD/MEERM -- A highly flexible program based primarily in the natural and social sciences, with the possibility to include humanities and law. The JD/MEERM degree, offered in collaboration with the USC School of Law, provides a streamlined program for students seeking both the MEERM and Law degrees.
- M.S. in Geological Sciences -- This program spans the full range of the modern Earth Sciences.
- M.S. in Marine Sciences -- An interdisciplinary program with strengths in coastal ecosystems and oceanography.
- Ph.D. in Geological Sciences -- A Ph.D. program that spans the full range of the modern Earth Sciences.
- Ph.D. in Marine Sciences -- An interdisciplinary Ph.D. program with strengths in coastal ecosystems and oceanography.
Current undergraduates CLICK HERE for the Accelerated Master's Program
Find the Right Graduate Program for You
The graduate degrees of the SEOE are supported by faculty with a broad range of research interests. For research that may fit in more than one graduate program, contact prospective advisors in your intended area of research to see which graduate program(s) they recommend. Prospective students are encouraged to contact faculty with whom they may be interested in working.
Prospective students who know what degree they would like to pursue and are looking for potential advisors within that program can check the following: